Due to the 2020 COVID-19 industry-wide work shutdowns, the Executive Board has passed a MOTION to extend the Membership Qualification Requirements from 180 days over three (3) prior successive years to four (4) prior successive years. This extension is for applicants applying through the end of 2023. At that time, the year 2020 will no longer be included in the proof of days and the Local will go back to three (3) years.
Local 798 is comprised of Make-up Artists and Hair Stylists who work on Film, Television, Network Broadcasting TV, Commercials, Theater, Video, New Media ... any job where Local 798 has a contract. The advantages to membership in Local 798 are not only fair wages and an opportunity to form lifelong professional relationships with other artists, but you can qualify for great medical, annuity and pension benefits in additon to many discounts available to union members.
TO ALL PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS:
In order to apply to MAKE-UP ARTISTS & HAIR STYLISTS LOCAL 798, IATSE you must follow these instructions. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE OFFICE:
1. Application Packets, with all the required information inside, are accepted TWO times a year, from Jan 2nd through Jan 31st AND June 1st through June 30th of each year. Packets arriving outside the time windows above will not be accepted and will not be returned.
2. DOWNLOAD & PRINT OUT all documents below. Make sure everything required is in your Application Packet. If anything is missing, it will result in an automatic rejection.
2022 REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN
2022 APPLICATION PACKET OF REQUIRED INFO
2022 MAKE-UP PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERVIEW
2022 HAIR PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERVIEW
2022 BARBER PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERVIEW
2022 MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM
2022 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
3. Carefully read the REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN to understand the Application process.
4. In addition to all the required items, you must also include in your Application Packet the completed MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM and the TERMS AND CONDITIONS documents.
5. Submit your completed Application Packet by mail using USPS Certified, Return Receipt or Express Shipping so you can trace your packet if it gets lost. This is in the REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN but it bears repeating here: keep copies of everything you submit in case it does get lost.
QUESTIONS should be emailed to: